Saturday, September 8, 2007

Bonk

I came up with a name for the project I'm working on about a year ago. I thought it was such a kewl name that I didn't want to say it anywhere for fear that it would get hijacked. (Paranoia is strong in my gene pool.) The basic idea is an open-source embeddable distributed engine for building and binding Folksonomy and other meta-data annotated content applications. Rather than building yet another awesome framework for sharing information about your bottle cap collection with other enthusiasts, this would be something that does all of the back end stuff that these Web 2.0 frameworks do over and over again, plus add some cool extra stuff.

So I bought all the core domains but never used them. .COM, .NET and .ORG. Every now and then I'd google the word just to make sure that everything was quiet. For a year it was.

Then last week BONK, low and behold up come a few hits. But instead of coming from the programming space it was coming from the Danish folk music space. Makes sense. I could see why someone would name a band that.

Anyway I'm going to start officially calling it what I call it. I guess I'll have to TM it at the end just to be safe. That gives me six months to cross my eyes and dot my tees. Luckily I've already got someone who's willing to let me use their business as a guinea pig.

So without further ado here's my new favorite band Folk Engine that also has the same name as the business/project I'm working on called FolkEngine(tm). It's the main reason (besides the boy) that I won't be blogging much these days.

This is a big load of my mind. I can finally start using the tag FolkEngine instead of code terms. :-) Now all I have to do is get it done before I drive everyone I know mad.

No comments: